Air fryer chickpeas are crispy and flavored to perfection! With three different ways to season them, there will be a flavor for everyone. These crunchy, roasted chickpeas will become your new go-to snack!
Why Air Fryer Chickpeas Are the BEST!
Most people have heard of hummus which is made of chickpeas. But if you haven’t tried crispy chickpeas like these, then you are in for a treat! Chickpeas are a fabulous healthy snack! But sometimes, they can be hard to roast evenly. When you cook them in the oven you can have soggy ones and burned ones at the same time! Cooking them in an air fryer makes it so that each and every chickpea in there comes out crispy and roasted to perfection.
Goodbye oven and hello air fryer! These air fryer chickpeas will be ready to eat in less than 15 minutes. These make a fantastic snack and give you just the right savory crunch that you need to make it through the afternoon. My kids even love eating these, so you know they must be good! Plus, there are three different ways to season them to get them tasting different every single time!
Ingredients to Make Crunchy Air Fryer Chickpeas
Once you have your can of chickpeas in hand, then you can season them right up! I bet you already have most of the other ingredients in your kitchen. See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Chickpeas: Canned chickpeas will need to be rinsed and dried before you season them.
- Olive oil: This coats the chickpeas so that the seasoning sticks.
- Garlic Powder: This goes so well with the paprika!
- Salt and Pepper: These will enhance the flavors in the recipe.
- Paprika: Paprika is a sweeter spice that adds in a lot of deep flavor.
Parmesan Garlic Chickpeas
- Chickpeas: The main ingredient of the recipe, these will be crunchy after they are cooked!
- Olive Oil: This helps the seasonings to stick to the chickpease.
- Parmesan: You can use freshly grated or you can use the kind in the can in your fridge.
- Garlic Powder: You can’t go wrong mixing garlic and parmesan for a great taste!
- Salt: The salt will enhance the parmesan and garlic flavors.
Taco Seasoning Chickpeas
- Chickpeas: The chickpeas will cook better if you pat them dry before adding any seasoning.
- Olive Oil: Once you toss them in this then the seasoning will be able to coat the chickpeas more thoroughly.
- Homemade Taco Seasoning: You can use store bought taco seasoning if that’s what you have on hand but the homemade taco seasoning really takes this to the next level and is so good!
Let’s Air Fry Some Chickpeas to Crispy Perfection!
These air fryer chickpeas take only TWO steps! Before you know it, you will be snacking on these every day because they are so simple and delicious.
- Rinse, dry and combine: Rinse and drain the can of chickpeas, then pat them dry. In a bowl combine the chickpeas, olive oil, garlic, salt, paprika, and pepper. (Or desired seasoning.)
- Cook: Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil. Place chickpeas in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through
Air Fryer Tips and Tricks
Whether you are new to cooking with an air fryer or an old pro, I have come up with tips and tricks that everyone needs to know when cooking in an air fryer! Try these out, and your air fryer foods will turn out perfect every time.
- Don’t Overcrowd the Basket: The key to cooking your food evenly in an air fryer is making sure that you aren’t stacking your food. Make sure that you don’t overcrowd the basket and aren’t packing in too much food at once. It will cook SO much better if you do a few smaller batches instead of one large one.
- Don’t Forget to Flip! Most air fryer foods require you to flip the food halfway through or if its too small (like these chickpeas) then you shake the basket. Doing this makes it so your food cooks evenly and doesn’t burn.
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Just like you would preheat your oven before cooking, you can preheat your air fryer! Some have a button for this. If yours doesn’t, then just turn it on to the temperature that your recipe calls for and let it sit at that for about 2-3 minutes before putting your food in.
How to Store Leftover Chickpeas
Air fryer chickpeas are roasted to the perfect crispy texture and you want to keep your leftovers that way! Here is how you can store them to make sure they last a while!
- On the Counter: Once the chickpeas have cooled then place them in a paper bag. Loosly roll the top to keep in closed. These roasted chickpeas can last at room temperature for up to 2 weeks!
Parmesan Garlic Chickpeas
Rinse and drain the can of chickpeas, then pat them dry. In a bowl combine the chickpeas, olive oil, garlic, salt, paprika, and pepper. (Or desired seasoning.)
- Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil. Place chickpeas in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
Calories108kcal (5%)Carbohydrates1gProtein1g (2%)Fat11g (17%)Saturated Fat2g (10%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat8gCholesterol2mg (1%)Sodium698mg (29%)Potassium17mgFiber1g (4%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A231IU (5%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium34mg (3%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.