Santa Monica Studio has released God of War Ragnarok update 2.03, which fixes a progression breaking bug in ‘The Lost Sanctuary’ quest alongside a number of crashing issues. It’s a rather small patch, but one we’d recommend applying to avoid getting stuck or losing your progress.
God of War Ragnarok update 2.03 patch notes
Complete patch notes are as follows:
Quests and Progression
- Fixed a case where players could become stuck in the caves during the quest “The Lost Sanctuary.”
Stability and Performance
- Fixed a rare crash when using the equipment menu.
- Fixed a rare crash when browsing the quest list in the journal.
- Fixed a rare crash when navigating using the map.
- Fixed a crash that could appear randomly during gameplay.
There’s still no word on the difficulty bug that has been around since God of War Ragnarok’s launch whereby a change in difficulty does not take effect. It wasn’t addressed in the day-one update and players are still scrambling to figure out workarounds. One possible “fix” is to go into the Pause menu, load your most recent checkpoint, fiddle with a couple of settings alongside a change in difficulty, then confirm changes. We’ll update our readers when there’s an official fix.