It doesn’t get more fun than a hot chocolate charcuterie board! It is filled with all of the delicious toppings and mix-ins that any hot chocolate lover will go crazy for!
Why Make a Hot Chocolate Charcuterie?
Before you make this board, you must learn how to say Charcuterie. It is pronounced shar-koo-tuh-ree. These boards are traditionally made with meats and cheeses but have become very popular over the years to involve treats, fruits, vegetables, and crackers. Basically, you can put anything you want on them, and it becomes a giant, themed snack board that looks stunning.
This board, in particular, is perfect for any family get-togethers or parties throughout the cold, winter months! Because it’s based around (you guessed it!) hot chocolate, it really can go with any winter holiday. I love having different options for mix-ins and toppings for my hot chocolate and this is such a new and creative way to display them all! Use some homemade marshmallows on this board, and it will really take it over the top!
Ingredients to Make a Hot Chocolate Charcuterie
The ideas that I came up with for this hot chocolate mix are not where it ends! Whatever you love to put in your hot chocolate, or even the flavors of your hot chocolate mix can be changed up! Or, make this board even bigger and add more to it!
I only used one bowl of hot chocolate mix on the board, but you could do a couple to add in a variety. I also did a few homemade things,, but this board’s great thing is that everything can be store-bought! Gather up your list of ingredients and grab them all at the store. Put this together, and then you will have such a fun display for these delicious mix-ins!
Steps to Putting Together Your Charcuterie Board
Soon, you will be making charcuterie boards for every occasion! Soon, you will be making charcuterie boards for every occasion! The easiest way to put together a hot chocolate charcuterie board is to follow these few easy steps! They are so much fun.
- Arrange the ingredients on the board: Place the bowl of hot chocolate mix on the board. Then, add on the marshmallows, chocolate chips, chocolate drops, chocolate pretzels, pretzel sticks, meringues and cinnamon sticks.
More Charcuterie Board Ideas
I know that once you make this delicious and show-stopping hot chocolate charcuterie board, you will want to make others! I love how these are evolving and are such a creative way to display all sorts of food. I love how these are evolving and are such a creative way to display all sorts of food. You can make them for fancy parties, holidays, and even just as an after-school snack for your kids.
- Make it themed: Just like this hot chocolate charcuterie, you can theme any other board for the birthday, holiday or special occasion. You can make all of the food a certain color or shape or even bring in decorations like words cut out of food! This Halloween Charcuterie Board was one of my favorites!
- Change the board shape: For my Valentine’s Day charcuterie board, I used a heart shaped board. For my Christmas Wreath Charcuterie, I used a round board. Playing on this shape really makes this stand out!
- Make a few small ones: A way to really pack a punch and show people how awesome these are is instead of making one large one, you can make a few smaller boards that have different things on them. Make one for meats and cheese, one for treats, and another one for fruits or veggies. Then you can have even more options for your uests!
- Place the bowl of hot chocolate mix on the board. Add on the marshmallows, chocolate chips, chocolate drops, chocolate pretzels, pretzel sticks, meringues, and cinnamon sticks.
Calories509kcal (25%)Carbohydrates100g (33%)Protein4g (8%)Fat12g (18%)Saturated Fat8g (40%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat1gTrans Fat1gCholesterol6mg (2%)Sodium237mg (10%)Potassium12mgFiber3g (12%)Sugar76g (84%)Vitamin A101IU (2%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium80mg (8%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.