This easy Parmesan Herb Baked Salmon recipe is flaky and tender with incredible flavor – perfect for company or busy weeknights.
Parmesan-Herb Baked Salmon
I love salmon. It’s my favorite fish to make at home – not just because it’s healthy and loaded with omega-3s, but I also love the taste and how versatile it is. If you want an easy, healthy baked salmon recipe that you can season ahead and pop in the oven, this Parmesan-Herb Salmon is it! I make and eat salmon once or twice a week, and although I have a lot of chicken dishes, I have so many salmon recipes on my rotation, like Salmon Rice Bowls, Baked Salmon, and Sweet and Spicy Glazed Salmon.
I have a ton of herbs in my garden, so I chopped them up and minced them with a little mayonnaise (trust me!) and Parmesan and baked this beautiful piece of salmon. Mayo is the secret to the moistest salmon every, as I do in this Parmesan Salmon recipe. If you never tried it, it’s a must!
What herbs go well with salmon?
Just about any herbs go well with salmon. For this herb-crusted salmon recipe, I used fresh dill, parsley, basil, and chives. Thyme, rosemary, and tarragon would also be good. To make the topping, combine the herbs with minced garlic, grated parmesan cheese, and light mayo.
How to bake Parmesan-Herb Salmon
- Place the salmon skin-side down on a lined baking sheet, and cover it with another piece of parchment paper or foil.
- Partially bake the salmon for 8 minutes at 425°F and then remove it from the oven.
- Top the fish with the parmesan-herb mixture and return the uncovered tray to the oven for about 15 to 18 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish. The salmon is done when its internal temperature is 135F, the top has browned, and the filet easily flakes with a fork.
How long does salmon last in the fridge?
Cooked salmon will last three to four days in the refrigerator and can be reheated in the microwave or eaten cold. It would be great on top of a salad as leftovers.
What to Serve with Baked Salmon
This parmesan-crusted salmon pairs well with so many sides. Below are some ideas:
Vegetables: Zucchini Casserole, Roasted Green Beans with Caramelized Onions
Salads: Watermelon, Arugula, and Feta Salad, Warm Salad with Artichokes and Roasted Peppers
Carbs: Instant Pot Risotto with Prosciutto, Peas, and Herbs, Grilled Vegetable Orzo Pasta
More Salmon Recipes You’ll Love:
Parmesan-Herb Baked Salmon
- 1 whole wild salmon filet with skin, 1 1/2 inches thick (2 lbs)
- 1/4 cup light mayo
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
Preheat oven to 425F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easiest cleanup.
Combine mayo, Parmesan, garlic and herbs in a small bowl.
Place salmon, skin side down, onto lined baking sheet. Cover salmon with another piece of parchment or foil. Partially bake salmon for 8 minutes.
Remove from oven and remove top piece of parchment paper.
Spread the top with the Parmesan herb mixture.
Return to oven uncovered and bake until the top has browned, and the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
The salmon should register 135º F when checked with an internal thermometer probe, about 15 to 18 minutes if the fish is 1 1/2 inches thick, less or more depending on the thickness.
Serving: 5oz salmon, Calories: 256kcal, Carbohydrates: 2g, Protein: 31g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 87.5mg, Sodium: 210.5mg, Fiber: 0.5g, Sugar: 0.5g
Keywords: baked salmon, Easy Salmon Recipe, herb salmon, quick