This pomegranate salad has just the right ingredients to go with any dish this holiday season! Packed with texture, different fruits, and delicious greens, you will be coming back for seconds (and probably even thirds)!
Salads are so typical in the summer, but if you can find a good salad for the wintertime… I call that a winner! Try out some more delicious winter salads that you will eat all season long! My favorites are this The Best Winter Fruit Salad, this yummy Winter Cobb Salad, and this delicious Christmas Fruit Salad!
Pomegranate Salad Recipe
If you have never tried pomegranates or haven’t been a huge fan until now… you MUST try this salad! It will definitely change your mind. The tangy flavor and the slight crunch are the perfect addition to any recipe. This salad combines that traditional holiday ingredient with some nuts, greens, and a yummy and fresh pear! Even my kids like this salad. And we all know that kids are the best critics of any food.
The key to getting a delicious salad just right is the ratio of ingredients. You don’t want to have too much of any one ingredient, or it will overwhelm the others. But, on the other hand, having too much plain lettuce just doesn’t make it appealing. What really sets this pomegranate salad recipe apart is the homemade champagne vinaigrette. It adds the perfect creamy texture and flavor to go it.
Ingredients in a Pomegranate Salad
A pomegranate salad can have a variety of ingredients. I chose to combine a few simple ingredients that complement each other (the parmesan cheese adds the best flavor!), and I think it makes up the perfect winter salad! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Spring Lettuce Mix: You can use any salad mix, like baby spinach or arugula, but I like the spring mix because of the textures and colors.
- Pomegranate Seeds: These add in a burst of flavor!
- Pear: I love how the pear looks sliced up in this salad, but its delicate texture and subtle taste add a lot to the salad.
- Candied Pecans: I have also tried walnuts and almonds; they also make a great combination!
- Parmesan Cheese: Shaved parmesan cheese is a favorite at our house, but feta cheese or goat cheese are some other great ones to try!
- Champagne Vinaigrette: You have to try making this recipe from scratch (it takes 10 minutes!) with this recipe.
How to Make a Pomegranate Salad
Making a salad is simple and easy! This pomegranate salad is no exception. Once you taste this combination of flavors and textures, you won’t be able to stop. After just a few simple steps, you will enjoy this salad on its own or any meal.
- Make Dressing: Prepare the champagne vinaigrette dressing ahead of time according to the recipe. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until it’s time to dress the salad.
- Add Lettuce: Add the lettuce mix to a large shallow bowl.
- Slice Pear: Cut the pear into thin slices, but keep the slices together to fan out beautifully on top of the salad.
- Mix: Sprinkle the candied pecans, parmesan shavings, and pomegranate arils over the lettuce mix.
- Drizzle: Wait to dress the salad until you’re ready to serve. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss it gently to coat the ingredients.
- Serve: Serve immediately and enjoy!
Easy Pomegranate Seeds Tip
I sometimes think that getting the seeds out of a pomegranate can be more work than it’s worth! BUT… Did you know that at your local grocery store (and every once in a while, Costco!), you can buy a container that is filled with pomegranate seeds? You don’t have to spend any time getting them out of the actual pomegranate at all! When you are in a time crunch and want to make this pomegranate salad, this can save you so much time and effort!
Make Ahead of Time
If you want to make this pomegranate salad ahead of time, you can! It’s great to be able to save some time. Just make sure not to add the dressing until just before serving so that the salad doesn’t get soggy.
- Salad: Toss all of the salad ingredients together and store them in the fridge in an airtight container. It will last about 2-3 days without the dressing.
- Dressing: You can easily make the salad dressing ahead of time, and it will last about 7-10 days in an airtight container in your refrigerator. Add it to your salad just before serving.
- Prepare the champagne vinaigrette dressing ahead of time according to the recipe. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator until it’s time to dress the salad.
Add the lettuce mix to a large shallow bowl.
Cut the pear into thin slices, but keep the slices together to fan out beautifully on top of the salad.
Sprinkle the candied pecans, parmesan shavings, and pomegranate arils over the lettuce mix.
Wait to dress the salad until you’re ready to serve. Drizzle over the salad and toss it gently to coat the ingredients with the dressing.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Calories103kcal (5%)Carbohydrates13g (4%)Protein3g (6%)Fat5g (8%)Saturated Fat1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat2gCholesterol3mg (1%)Sodium110mg (5%)Potassium155mg (4%)Fiber3g (12%)Sugar9g (10%)Vitamin A341IU (7%)Vitamin C4mg (5%)Calcium71mg (7%)Iron0.5mg (3%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.