Princes William And Harry Blasted The Media After Damning Revelations About A Princess Diana Interview


In his own explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey earlier this year, Harry said he was afraid the media would be responsible for the death of his wife, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex (aka Meghan Markle), after she became suicidal while pregnant with their son Archie as a result of the intense and, they said, unfair media coverage from the UK tabloids.

“My biggest concern was history repeating itself,” he said. “I’ve said that before on numerous occasions, very publicly. And what I was seeing was history repeating itself, but more, perhaps, or definitely far more dangerous, because then you add race in, and you add social media in. And when I’m talking about history repeating itself, I’m talking about my mother.”

The BBC reported Thursday that its director-general, Tim Davie, had sent personal letters of apology to Harry, William, Prince Charles, and Earl Spencer for the deceit that took place behind the scenes of the interview.

According to the new inquiry, the findings of which were published Thursday, Bashir “deceived” Earl Spencer with false information in order to obtain an introduction to his royal sister, which he then used to get her to agree to an interview.

Then when this information first came to light, the BBC “covered up the investigations into how [Bashir] secured the interview and the propriety of the methods he employed.”

Share

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings