Earlier this month, developer Re-Logic rolled out the long-awaited ‘Journey’s End’ update for Terraria. It added new ways to play the game, over 1000 new items to find and craft, new bosses to challenge and more.
If this wasn’t already enough, the developer has now updated the game (again) – and it includes some Switch-specific fixes. Below is the full rundown via the official game website:
The latest patch for Terraria on Nintendo Switch is live as of this morning. This one is a combination of the overall console fixes originally pushed to PS and Xbox in December along with a few more Switch-specific issues that were addressed:
- Move the Sun! You can now control the sun and the moon on the frontend menu by holding ZR + right stick. Give it a whirl!
- Based on player feedback we’ve fixed the hotbar navigation when a Dynamic Hotbar item is bound to a hotbar slot, making it easier to jump through the Hotbar
Multiplayer and Split Screen
- Fixed mannequins losing items when placed by the host and not being able to be seen by other players
- Fixed an issue in multiplayer where an item was lost if held when a chest was closed
- Fixed player 2+ in split screen being immune to projectiles
- Fixed issues where open menus interfered with joining multiplayer games
- Fixed the issue where users were unable to navigate through the Options menu during multiplayer if their network connection was lost when a menu was open
- Fixed the delay in picking up items when the host threw an item to another player
- Fixed a number of crashes
- Fixed the crash when the Painter’s house is in a hallowed-snow graveyard biome and trying to open his shop
- Please let us know if you experience a crash by reporting it in the forums and including as much detail as possible!
And many more fixes
- Fixed the issue where player’s couldn’t quick equip an item from a chest, as long as there isn’t a conflicting binding for Use Item bound in the Settings
- Fixed the controller binding for Research! You can now open the Research menu directly from an item in the Inventory. You can find this in Settings >> Controller >> Controller Bindings: Edit >> Inventory and bind Research Item!
- Fixed an issue where the player was prevented from continuing to play if they died while a text input box was open
- Fixed issue where sometimes when using a crafting station items could appear at a locked-on enemy’s location
- Fixed item pickup range in Journey mode to match PC. It’s now possible to throw items from the inventory without immediately picking them back up!
- Fixed a bug where the frame rate would drop when the housing menu was open and you had a lot of NPCs
- Fixed the issue where the summons tag on enemies could disappear if you got too far away from the enemy, making it hard to know who your summons were targeted on
- Fixed the issue where the biome artwork behind the map was incorrectly scaled depending on UI zoom level and especially in split screen
- Fixed a graphical glitch in the tutorial dialog boxes
Have you downloaded this update yet? Tried out the Journey’s End update yet? Leave a comment down below.