Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
- Lost Ark received multiple trailers this week, focusing on both the PvP and Sailing mechanics.
- General details were provided about the different PvP modes, the rewards you can get together with the ways in which you can customize your Ships.
- One of the ways that players will be able to explore the world of Arkesia is through the sailing system. This feature unlocks once you reach level 35 and enter the Wavestrand Port in Eastern Luterra. Players will be able to select one of 8 different types of ships, each with its own looks and stats.
- Lost Ark will have three competitive PvP modes which include Team Deathmatch, Deathmatch and Team Elimination.
- Team Deathmatch consists of a 3v3 setup, Deathmatch being 1v1 and Team Elimination which is another 3v3 setup except that you’ll be individually matched against another player.
- If you want more details on Lost Ark you can check out even more info on our Lost Ark wiki.
For more on this news find it here in Lost Ark 101: PvP And Sailing Mechanics.
Stranger of Paradise
- Square Enix and developer Team Ninja has unveiled the final trailer for the upcoming Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin, plus new details about Kraken, Lich, equipment upgrades, advanced jobs and more.
- In the final trailer, we get a brief overview of the story of Stranger of Paradise, featuring characters such as the monstrous tentacle fiend Kraken, the spell-slinging adept Lich and more about the dark crystals.
- The characters are teased as the “Warriors of Light” which is mentioned in a prophecy that consists of the main character Jack, as well as companions Ash, Jed, Neon and Sophie.
- Previously Team Ninja revealed some of the job system, this time the developer introduces Advanced Jobs, Red Mage, Berserker and Samurai.
- Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin will be releasing on March 18th for Playstation 5, Playstation 4, PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.
For more news find it here in Stranger Of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin Gets Final Trailer, New Details About Kraken, Lich, Advanced Jobs And More.
- Elden Ring was confirmed to have gone Gold at the Taipei Game Show which took place this week.
- The Taipei Game Show featured a 46-minute interview with Yasuhiro Kitao, the game producer at FromSoftware.
- Kitao also confirmed in the interview that the game will take players about 30 hours to complete the main storyline. He further clarified that this number is for players who rush and do not do much of the optional content.
- The footage shown also showed new items and spells, as well as new armour and weapons. A new samurai-inspired armour set is being added to the game, complete with a new longbow.
- It looks like a couple of new Weapon Types are being added to the game such as the Great Axe and Double Whips. We also got a quick look at a new Spirit Summon.
- Elden Ring is only a few weeks away from release. We cannot wait for February 25 and explore The Lands Between. While waiting, be sure to check out our Elden Ring Wiki.
For more news find it here in Elden Ring Has Gone Gold And Will Be At Least 30 Hours Long.
- Revealed today developer White Rabbit have unveiled the next adventure for the metroidvania platformer Death’s Gambit called Ashes of Vados. Death’s Gambit: Afterlife is now available as a physical version for Nintendo Switch.
- The latest DLC pack Ashes of Vados will add a brand-new boss experience, with a different heroic boss variant, concluding the story of Death’s Gambit: Afterlife. Putting players to the test in the ultimate platforming challenge and adding a new arena with boss rush and horde mode.
- Death’s Gambit: Afterlife is now available on PC and Switch, coming to Xbox platforms in spring 2022. DLC Ashes of Vados releases on PC via Steam on February 10th.
- Amazon Games has launched a new update for New World which adds a new endgame feature Expedition Mutators, combat balancing, increased gear score and more.
- New World lacked some endgame content when it first launched, but Amazon are remedying the situation by adding a new feature called Expedition Mutators. This adds further challenges with an even bigger payoff.
- Expedition modifiers that affect “Normal” and “Named” enemies are found in Expeditions. This changes enemy encounters including how complex the enemies are and makes them more unpredictable.
- These mutation effects include elemental, promotions such as giving enemies powerful new abilities and curses which add negative effects to players.
- The unique combinations of Expeditions and Mutations will change each week on a rotation basis, with players working their way up the ladder of difficulty.
For more on this news find it here in New World Update Introduces New Endgame Features, Fast Travel Changes, Increased Gear Score And More.
Achilles Legends Untold
- Achilles: Legends Untold, a souls-like went into its closed beta this week. The ARPG follows the adventure of Achilles himself, journeying through Greece facing many mythological lands such as Tartarus.
- The game is a top-down isometric action RPG, similar to the likes of Grim Dawn and Titan Quest. Much like Titan Quest, the game features a beautiful Greek Mythological setting, filled with amazing temples, Greek weapons and armours, as well as fearsome creatures and gods.
- The Closed Beta is currently available from January 27th until February 10th. Those who want to take part can check out the Achilles: Legends Untold Steam page and sign up for closed beta via the official Discord.
- Achilles is set to release into early access in Q2 of 2022.
For more on this news find it here in Achilles: Legends Untold Is A Souls-Like ARPG; Closed Beta Starts January 27th.
Elder Scrolls Online
- In the next adventure for the Elder Scrolls Online players will be heading to the High Isle, as Zenimax reveal this week in a livestream the year-long content will focus on the Legacy of the Bretons.
- The MMORPG also got a new cinematic previewing the trio of characters encountering a Breton, who casts medallions on a table, one with a ship.
- What can you expect for the next chapter? The expansion will hold 30 hours of unique story content about the home of the Breton’s. The chapter will involve The Ascendant Order described as “rogue knights” who conceal their identity and are on a quest to stop the Three Banners War.
- Also announced was the content heading up 2022, the first DLC The Elder Scrolls Online: Ascending Tide.
- Pre-orders are now available for The Elder Scrolls Online High Isle which will be coming to PC and Stadia on June 6th, as well as consoles on June 21st. If you want more details what’s coming in the expansion be sure to drop by our ESO wiki.
For more on this news find it here in Elder Scrolls Online High Isle Expansion Announced.
Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous
- The CRPG Pathfinder Wrath Of the Righteous release on console has now been delayed to autumn 2022.
- While the sad news is that we’ll have to wait a little longer for the console versions, the good news is a new DLC has also been announced.
- New adventures lie ahead after the victory of Worldwound in the downloadable content Inevitable Excess on February 15th. Players can venture on from Golarion and use unparalleled mythic powers to protect the space-time continuum against destruction.
- Even more good news is as part of the Lunar New Year sale you can now get Pathfinder Wrath Of Righteous for 20% off on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store.
- You can also gain a free small DLC to accompany the game which contains a pet, the tiny sovereign dragon from Tian Xia. This pet will help players on their quest for knowledge and lore skill checks.
- Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous will also be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in early Autumn 2022. It is currently available on PC. The DLC Inevitable Excess releases on PC on February 15th.
For more on this news find it here in Pathfinder Wrath Of The Righteous Console Launch Gets Delayed To Autumn 2022; First Story DLC Inevitable Excess Releases February.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows: